Join us for a fun and festive FREE COMMUNITY EVENT in Birdsboro!
Light the Night Birdsboro Campus
Monday, October 31, 2022 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm
MCC Birdsboro Campus: 144 S. Walnut Street, Birdsboro, PA
We will be hosting our 2nd Annual Light the Night at our Birdsboro Campus on Monday, October 31st from 6pm – 8pm.
What is Light the Night? It\’s a safe space full of fun and LIGHT to the families of Birdsboro. We invite volunteers to decorate their cars in a fun, non-scary way and hand out treats or prizes. We will also be providing a meal of hot dogs and snacks! This is a festive, fun, and wholesome community-wide event that is lighthearted and loved by children of all ages!
There are two ways you can participate: by registering to decorate your car and hand out treats, or by volunteering to donate your time or food items for the event.
Volunteer to Donate Time or Food Items
We are in need of volunteers to help run the event, as well as donations of candy and treats to be handed out to children as well as food and supplies for meals.
CANDY/TREAT donations can be dropped off at any time in the bins at either MCC campus. Please drop off donations NO LATER than October 16th. No sign-up is needed for the candy/treat donations. (Please, choose peanut-free candy and treats only).
To VOLUNTEER or DONATE food/supply items for the meals, please see our Sign Up Sheets!
Sign up to Decorate Your Vehicle
Help make this an event that kids will remember for years to come! Volunteer to decorate your vehicle in a festive, fun way, and hand out treats and prizes to kids! Dressing in costume is optional, but can make your decorating theme all the more exciting! All vehicles must be registered ahead of time so we have space available and can plan for the event. Please note that space is limited and some registrants may need to be moved from trunks to tables. To register, please review the guidelines below, then complete the registration form to register! All participating vehicles must pre-register prior to the event.
Light the Night Vehicle Guidelines:
- All vehicles must arrive at least one hour before the event.
- Vehicle engines must be off.
- All participating vehicles must be decorated in a fun, light-hearted theme. No violent content, blood, gore, horror, dark, or evil themes. Participants should not dress in clothing that is explicit or suggestive. Costumes should be light-hearted, fun, and creative.
- No music; music will be provided on-site.
- No dangerous activities.
- All vehicles will be stocked with sufficient amounts of treats to distribute to children at the expense of the vehicle registrant. We will divide all donated candy to all participants. We estimate that 500 children will attend.
- Individually wrapped, peanut-free treats of good quality and that are safe for children should be offered. Snacks should be evenly distributed to all children.
- Behavior, language, and attitudes should be appropriate to the event purpose, and reflective of MCC and our mission to spread love to our communities. Our mission is to provide a festive, safe, and wholesome event for children.
- No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products.
- Only animals incorporated within a vehicle theme will be allowed onsite.
MCC reserves the right to deny an applicant’s participation at the event without advance notice and applicant agrees to immediately vacate the festivities without incident. MCC is not responsible for any damages incurred by applicant at this event. Also please note that if parking spaces fill up we may need to switch some registrants from trunks to tables.
Suggested Themes: Sports, Disney (lighthearted), Superheroes, family-friendly themes.
Themes to Avoid: Haunted house, ghosts, witches, sorcery, blood, gore, explicit.
We warmly invite the entire community to come out and enjoy this special evening!