MCC is pleased to announce a fun and festive event this fall for the children of our communities – Trunk or Treat!
We know that this year has been challenging for everyone, including the children of our community who are missing out on so many things they are used to and love. We wanted to do an event that brings some fun and joy to kids, so we will be hosting a Trunk or Treat event on October 31 at our Elverson Campus. We are inviting everyone to come out and make this very special event for the children of our community!
Trunk or Treat at MCC
Saturday, October 31
1:00-3:00 at the MCC, Elverson Campus
What is Trunk or Treat? It’s Trick-or-Treating in a fun, safe environment. Instead of kids going door to door, we invite volunteers to decorate their cars in a fun, non-scary way and hand out treats or prizes. Children go car to car, instead of door to door. Children will get to vote on the best decorated vehicle, and the winner will receive a large prize! We will also be providing a meal of hot dogs and snacks!
There are two ways you can participate: by registering to decorate your car and hand out treats, or by volunteering to donate your time or food items for the event.
Volunteer to Donate Time or Food Items
We are in need of volunteers to help run the event, as well as donations of food and supplies for meals, and donations of candy/prizes to be handed out to the children. To donate candy/prizes, no sign-up is needed; bins will be placed in the lobby of both church campuses – simply bring your peanut-free, individually-wrapped candy or prize items and drop them in the bins between now and Sunday, October 25th. If you would like to volunteer to help with the event, or to donate food or dinner supplies for the meals, please CLICK HERE to view the sign-up sheet and sign up online!
Sign up to Decorate Your Vehicle
Help make this a Trunk or Treat event that kids will remember for years to come! Volunteer to decorate your vehicle in a festive, fun way, and hand out treats and prizes to kids! Dressing in costume is optional, but can make your decorating theme all the more exciting! All vehicles must be registered ahead of time so we have space available and can plan for the event. To register, please review the guidelines below, then complete the registration form at the bottom of this page! All participating vehicles must pre-register prior to the event.
Trunk or Treat Vehicle Guidelines:
- All vehicles must arrive on October 31, 2020 by 12:00pm.
- Vehicle engines must be off.
- All participating vehicles must be decorated in a fun, light-hearted theme. No violent content, blood, gore, horror, dark, or evil themes. Participants should not dress in clothing that is explicit or suggestive. Costumes should be light-hearted, fun, and creative.
- No music; music will be provided on-site.
- No dangerous activities.
- All vehicles will be stocked with sufficient amounts of treats to distribute to children at the expense of the vehicle registrant. We will divide all donated candy to all participants. We estimate that 500 children will attend.
- Individually wrapped, peanut-free treats of good quality and that are safe for children should be offered. Snacks should be evenly distributed to all children.
- Behavior, language, and attitudes should be appropriate to the event purpose, and reflective of MCC and our mission to spread love to our communities. Our mission is to provide a festive, safe, and wholesome event for children.
- No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products.
- Only animals incorporated within a vehicle theme will be allowed onsite.
MCC reserves the right to deny an applicant’s participation at the event without advance notice and applicant agrees to immediately vacate the festivities without incident. MCC is not responsible for any damages incurred by applicant at this event.
Suggested Themes: Sports, Disney (lighthearted), Superheroes, family-friendly themes.
Themes to Avoid: Haunted house, ghosts, witches, sorcery, blood, gore, explicit.
Vehicle Registration Application